Friday 4 November 2011

Initial Research: Mood Boards


"Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else
has thought."
Albert Szent-Gyorgyi 



I started researching different stories I could use as my text for the year. I wanted a story that was suitable for a younger audience, filled with magic and adventure but still incorporating an element of darkness and mystery. Many of the chosen stories below take root in Mythology so are good subjects for fantasy related design.

The following images are mood boards I created showing themes from each story that could be incorporated into the design. They help show at a glance the overall atmosphere, locations and colour schemes for each story.

I will do further research into each story by making a list of possible sets that could be designed and any design constraints that the texts include within the story.



The Jabberwocky Mood Board

The Magician's Nephew Mood Board

Odd and the Frost Giants Mood Board


The Dream-Quest of the Unknown Kadath Mood Board


The Fairies Mood Board

The Masque of the Red Death Mood Board

The Tree Mood Board



No comments:

Post a Comment