Monday 2 January 2012

Work: Contra-biomimicry


The Christmas break is over... on with the PGD.

I went back to my previous research into Biomimicry and decided to create some responses. I decided to add a twist to the basic principal of Biomimicry by reversing the two roles of nature and the manmade environment. This created a new theory I dubbed Contra-biomimicry.

Biomimicry:
Taking design principles from nature and adapting them to help solve human problems.

Contra-biomimicry:
Taking manmade ideas or objects and adapting them to create variations on nature.


Each butterfly is made up of a series of images to represent a different concept or theme. Some are easier to spot then others which is one of the things I like about them.


Aircraft:
This series of butterflies are based on aircraft.





 Communication:
 Marriage:

Finance:

Using manmade objects and ideas like communication and marriage I have created some examples of Contra-biomimicry. Nature created using inspiration from manmade objects.



No comments:

Post a Comment