Monday 2 April 2012

Work: Merlin Entertainments Group

“The No 1 visitor attraction operator in Europe, No 2 in the world, Merlin Entertainments (Merlin) headquarters are in Poole, Dorset (UK).  Merlin operates an international portfolio of global and local attractions, among them many of the world's best known brand names - Madame Tussauds, The Dungeons, Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Gardaland, The EDF Energy London Eye and many more!

The company's 87attractions, 6 hotels and 2 holiday villages in 19 different countries across four continents; Europe, North America, Australasia and Asia, annually welcome around 46 million visitors, and employ over 17,000 staff.”



I have just completed my 3 week work placement with Merlin Design Studios, London, and I had the most amazing time! The studio contained all the creative minds behind the various brands that Merlin own. I spent 2 weeks working with the SeaLife brand and 1 week working with Resort Theme parks. Due to Merlin’s need for secrecy when it comes to new aspects of their attractions, I won’t be able to show any of the work I did but, but for myself it was an invaluable experience and someday I hope to work for them fulltime.

Now back to reality I have lots of work to catch up on! PGD presentations hear I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment