Sunday 17 June 2012

Inspiration: Bastion

Bastion, in the words of its creators Supergiant Games, is “an original action role-playing game set in a lush imaginative world” (http://supergiantgames.com/?page_id=242)

I really like the visual look of this game; it’s like a moving digital painting. I can see a similar style of illustration in some of my own renderings. The use of colour in the game is effective also to enhance the fantasy element. I like the use of the isometric style view point- this would be a good way of drawing our map for the Magicians Nephew- the simplified perspective makes it easier to draw and easier to read.

I think it would be a good Idea for myself and Hannah to incorporate some bolder character and set combination illustrations as at the moment they two aspects are quite separate in our designs, some beautifully visualised imagery of a character in an environment might help us tie the two aspects together.








I particularly like this image as it seems to bring elements from all the environments within the game into a single representational image- at a glance it shows all the environments. Id quite like to produce something like this but it will have to wait till the end, as I still haven’t designed all the environments yet.

All images from  http://supergiantgames.com/?page_id=242


No comments:

Post a Comment