Monday 17 October 2011

Life Drawing: Male 11/10/2011


"Do not fail, as you go on, to draw something every day, for no matter how little it is, it will be well worthwhile, and it will do you a
world of good."
Cennini


To help improve my drawing ability I’ve joined a life drawing class at uni. The idea behind it is that you learn to look, and then draw what you see rather than drawing what you think you see.
The first few minutes felt very weird. I was sat in a room with 20 other students all drawing a naked person. Not something I had done before. But after a while it didn’t feel so weird and I almost forgot that there was a naked person there because I was concentrating so hard on my drawing.


My first couple sketches were quite poor. They were not very accurate and the proportions were a bit out, but the idea was just to get warmed up and focused.




The next few images were longer 20minute poses and this time we had to focus on accuracy but measuring the model with you pencil at arm’s length.




My sketches greatly improved with this new measuring technique and I am actually quite proud of how some of them turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment